Carlton is shown in the Bacon's Popular Atlas of the British Isles
(Cambridgeshire) 1904 shown below.
Interesting features shown are:
- The green lanes to Weston Green and Willingham Green from the church are
not distinguished from other roads.
- Nawney (Norney) Farm is still shown, and appear to be accessed from the
- Towards the top left is written Carlton Oak - does anyone know why?
- Carlton is spelt using the modern spelling, but Carleton Green still has
the extra "e".