Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1847
There is a copy of this directory available for reference in the Cambridge Collection.
Carlton, or Carlton-cum-Willingham, a small parish on the borders of Suffolk, in the Hundred of Chilford, and Union of Linton, from which latter place it is distant 8 miles, 7 from Haverhill, and 7½ from Newmarket. The houses are straggling. The church is very small, in the diocese of Ely ; there is also a dissenting chapel. The area is 2,200 acres, and the population in a 1841 was 424.
Letters are left at the Axe & Saw inn through the Newmarket office.
Wilder, Rev. William, M.A